Jordan practices in the area of general commercial and insurance litigation, including the defence of municipalities, school districts, health authorities and businesses. He has represented clients at the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal, the Provincial Court of British Columbia and the British Columbia Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Guild Yule LLP in the fall of 2013, Jordan clerked for six justices of the British Columbia Supreme Court after articling at a national law firm in Calgary.
- Larson v. School District No. 39, 2015 BCHRT 12, counsel (Acting on behalf of the Vancouver School Board, Guild Yule LLP successfully applied to have a human rights complaint struck in its entirety for failing to disclose an arguable contravention of the Human Rights Code, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 210.)
- A obo B v. School District 61, 2014 BCHRT 105, co-counsel (Acting on behalf of a School District, Guild Yule LLP successfully applied to dismiss a complaint that the School District and others had discriminated against a student on the basis of mental and physical disabilities.)
- 2011, J.D., University of British Columbia
- 2007, B.A. (Economics), Simon Fraser University
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2013)
- Non-Practicing Member, Law Society of Alberta (2013)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch
- Author, “Larson v. School District No. 39“, January 21, 2015.
- Co-author, “Good Faith in the Performance of Contractual Obligations After Bhasin v. Hrynew”, November 21, 2014.
- Co-author, “Victoria (City) v. Adams: a municipality’s right and obligation to maintain safe and aesthetically pleasing public spaces”, presented at the Municipal Risk Management Meeting, November 7, 2014.
- Author, “The Standard of Care in Occupiers’ Liability and Negligence Cases: The duty to protect others from objectively unreasonable risks of harm”, July 28, 2014.
- Co-author, Memorandum to the Law Society of British Columbia on the relevant considerations relating to the proposed Faculty of Law at Trinity Western University, March 17, 2014.
- Co-author, “Judicial Consideration of the ‘New’ Supreme Court Rules”, presented to the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia at the Medical Legal Conference XII (Maui), January 2014.