Julia practices general insurance defence litigation, including the defence of health authorities, municipalities, professionals, educational institutions and businesses.
Prior to joining Guild Yule LLP, Julia practiced at a boutique health law firm in Ontario that focused exclusively on medical malpractice and professional regulation proceedings for health professionals and organizations. Julia has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario, including as trial counsel.
Julia completed her articles as a judicial law clerk at the Ontario Superior Court in Toronto, where she assisted numerous judges on a variety of litigation matters. She was especially focused on assisting judges of the Divisional Court with judicial reviews and appeals, and she maintains an interest in administrative law.
- 2017, Called to the British Columbia Bar
- 2015, Called to the Ontario Bar
- JD, 2014, Queen’s University
- MA, 2009, University of St. Michael’s College
- Hon. B.A, 2006, University of Toronto
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Non-practicing member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Member, Advocates’ Society