Mary practices in the area of general insurance defence litigation, including the defence of municipalities, health authorities, professionals and businesses. She also practices generally in defending professional liability, personal injury, property damage, human rights, product, and occupiers’ liability claims.
Mary joined Guild Yule LLP as an associate after completing her articles with the firm and being called to the British Columbia Bar in 2014.
Mary has appeared before the Provincial Court and the Supreme Court of British Columbia as well as the Human Rights Tribunal.
- Stein v VCHA (No. 2), 2014 BCHRT 227
- Defence of municipalities, educational institutions, health authorities, and businesses.
- Practice includes property damage, subrogation, occupiers’ liability matters, and personal injury.
- Human rights defence.
- Hospital investigations.
- 2013 J.D., University of British Columbia
- 2010 B.A., University of British Columbia
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association BC Branch (Administrative Law, Business Law, Civil Litigation, Employment Law, Health Law, Human Rights Law, Womens Lawyers Forum, Young Lawyers)
- Member, Medical Legal Society of British Columbia