Michelle practices general insurance defence litigation. Her practice includes the defence of personal injury claims, product liability claims, and property damage claims. She represents businesses, professionals, health authorities, educational institutions, and other public bodies.
Michelle began her practice in a boutique Vancouver law firm, focusing on personal injury and estate litigation. During that time, Michelle also provided pro bono and legal aid services to those detained under the Mental Health Act.
Michelle has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia. She has also appeared before the Mental Health Review Board on numerous occasions.
Michelle joined Guild Yule LLP as an associate in 2018.
RECENT DECISIONS | REPRESENTATIVE WORK:
1. Stein v Allan, 2019 BCSC 1734 – appeared as co-counsel for the defendant lawyer in a successful pre-trial application to strike the notice of civil claim, without leave to amend, and to have the plaintiff declared vexatious.
2. Mac v Wong, 2019 BCSC 902 – successfully defended a negligence claim against a lawyer and his law corporation
3. Samuda v Knight, 2019 BCSC 133 – appeared as co-counsel for the defendant health authority in a successful pre-trial application to strike the notice of civil claim, without leave to amend
4. Yee v Yee Estate – April 2018 – appeared as co-counsel for the plaintiff in an estate litigation trial
5. Sohal v Singh, 2017 BCSC 734 – appeared as co-counsel for the plaintiff in a personal injury matter
6. Watson v ICBC et al – February 2016 – appeared as second chair in a personal injury jury trial
• 2016 Called to the British Columbia Bar
• 2015 Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia
• Member, Law Society of British Columbia
• Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
• Member, Vancouver Bar Association
• Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers