A partner since January 2014, my litigation work focusses on complex, technical civil matters. My team and I have trial and appellate experience in:
- insurance coverage disputes
- solicitor, hospital, dental, and other forms of professional negligence
- personal injury
- product liability
- commercial litigation
- constitutional litigation
- malicious prosecution
- administrative law proceedings
Tim articled at Guild Yule LLP and was called to the BC Bar in 2006. After joining the partnership in 2014, Tim was also appointed as one of two Recruitment and Development Partners.
Tim served as President of the Vancouver Bar Association for the 2012-13 term. His other professional activities include board-level contributions for the VBA, Medical Legal Society, and Peter S. Hyndman Mentorship Award Committee, speaking engagements, and guest lecturing.
Tim, his wife, and two young children live in a designated heritage home in one of Vancouver’s “affordable” suburbs, where we enjoy entertaining family and friends, gardening, and walking the seawall and local trails.
Tim has been recognized by Benchmark Canada as a Litigation Star in 2020 for Dispute Resolution in Insurance.
- 2006 – Called to the British Columbia Bar
- 2005 – LL.B., University of British Columbia
- 2002 – B.A., English Literature, University of British Columbia
- Executive Member, Medical Legal Society, 2014;
- Past President, Vancouver Bar Association, 2013-2014 (President, 2012-2013; Director 2009-2014);
- Committee Member, Peter S. Hyndman Mentorship Award Committee, 2013 – Present;
- Guest Speaker, BC Civil Liberties Association, Freedom in Action: Youth, Civil Liberties, and Citizenship Forum, 2008-2009;
- Guest Judge, Professional Legal Training Course;
- Guest Lecturer, Capilano University, Communications Department;
- Guest Lecturer, University of British Columbia, Sociology Department;
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia;
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Insurance Law Section;
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Health Law Section;
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association