A partner since January 2014, my litigation work focusses on complex, technical civil matters. My team and I have experience in:
- insurance coverage disputes
- solicitor, hospital, dental, and other forms of professional negligence
- personal injury
- product liability
- commercial litigation
- malicious prosecution
- administrative law proceedings, including before the College of Dental Surgeons, the College of Registered Nurses, and the Real Estate Council.
Tim served as President of the Vancouver Bar Association for the 2012-13 term. His other professional activities include board-level contributions for the VBA, Medical Legal Society, and Peter S. Hyndman Mentorship Award Committee, speaking engagements, and guest lecturing.
Tim has been recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada in Legal Malpractice Law and Personal Injury Litigation, and by Benchmark Canada as a Litigation Star in 2018.
- 2006 – Called to the British Columbia Bar
- 2005 – LL.B., University of British Columbia
- 2002 – B.A., English Literature, University of British Columbia
- Executive Member, Medical Legal Society, 2014;
- Past President, Vancouver Bar Association, 2013-2014 (President, 2012-2013; Director 2009-2014);
- Committee Member, Peter S. Hyndman Mentorship Award Committee, 2013 – Present;
- Guest Speaker, BC Civil Liberties Association, Freedom in Action: Youth, Civil Liberties, and Citizenship Forum, 2008-2009;
- Guest Judge, Professional Legal Training Course;
- Guest Lecturer, Capilano University, Communications Department;
- Guest Lecturer, University of British Columbia, Sociology Department;
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia;
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Insurance Law Section;
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Health Law Section;
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association