Tim has been a partner since January 2014. He has appeared as counsel before the Provincial Court of British Columbia, the Supreme Court of British Columbia and the British Columbia Court of Appeal. With broad litigation experience, his work currently focuses on complex and technical civil matters, including:
• professional negligence, including the defence of solicitor, hospital, dental and other professional negligence claims;
• personal injury;
• product liability;
• commercial litigation; and
• administrative law proceedings, including before the College of Dental Surgeons, the College of Registered Nurses, and the Real Estate Council.
Tim was President of the Vancouver Bar Association for the 2012-13 term. His other professional activities include board-level contributions for the VBA, Medical Legal Society, and Peter S. Hyndman Mentorship Award Committee.
Since 2018, Tim has been recognized by Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys as a Litigation Star.
In 2021, Tim was recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada in the areas of legal malpractice law and personal injury litigation.
• 2006 – Called to the British Columbia Bar
• 2005 – LL.B., University of British Columbia
• 2002 – B.A., English Literature, University of British Columbia
• Executive Member, Medical Legal Society, 2014
• President, Vancouver Bar Association, 2012 to 2013
• Executive Member, Vancouver Bar Association, 2009 to 2014
• Member, Law Society of British Columbia
• Member, Canadian Bar Association
• Member, Vancouver Bar Association
• Member, Professional Liability Underwriting Society
• Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers