Jim practices with the firm solicitors’ group and acts for private companies of varying sizes, charitable and religious organizations and individuals in commercial and residential real estate transactions, corporate acquisitions, divestitures, financings, leasing and reorganizations, wills and estates as well as providing general corporate/commercial advice.
- Jim has experience in a variety of business purchases and sales, real estate development work, transaction and long term financing, conveyancing and mortgages, wills and estates, venture capital and entertainment-related projects.
- 1995: Called to the British Columbia Bar
- 1994: LLB, University of British Columbia
- 1990: B.A. (honours), University of Western Ontario, Huron College.
- Past Member, Vancouver Bar Association Executive (2001 – 2003)
- Member, Business Law Section, Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch
- Member, Real Property Section, Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch
- Past Member, Unclaimed Intangible Property Committee, Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch (1998-2000)
- Past Member, Corporate Registry User Forum (1997-2000)
- Past Member, Provincial Council, Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch (1999-2000)
- Past Chair, Business Law Section, Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch (1999-2000)
- Past Member, The Hooplaw Society (2000-2012)